Dec 2, 2008

I Bet I Can Find 5,000 People Who Disapprove of This Arrest


The International Herald Tribune reports that a man who launched a Facebook group critical of Prime Minister Ivo Sanader has been detained and questioned by police. Months ago Niksa Klecak, 22, set up an anti-Sanader group on Facebook. The name of the group was, "I bet I can find 5,000 people who dislike Sanader." Klecak's group has grown to 6,200 members since Friday — exceeding his original goal of 5,000.

Another Facebook group, called "Search my flat, you Gestapo gang, Croatia is not a police state," surfaced over the weekend and already has about 2,600 members. By contrast, a group called "I bet I can find 7,000 people who LIKE Sanader" has just 19 members so far.

Which group Sanader's mom joined has not been reported.

3 comments:

Pirates(and)Diplomats said...

That's the kind of spirit we like to see in prospective NATO members.

Ern said...

Can we start calling "prospective NATO members" "countries that are doomed to embarass NATO"?

Pirates(and)Diplomats said...

ROTFL!

Nice...