Dec 15, 2008

And This Would Lose Points with the EU, Bulgaria


Yes, according to my favorite Weekly, this Saturday, 2,000 Bulgarian police officers gathered in front of the Interior Ministry's building in downtown Sofia and polluted their lungs and city with cigarettes. They gathered and smoked cigarettes to show that they were dissatisfied with their low pay. How smoking correlates with being poor I'm not sure. I've always understood the correlation of drinking with poverty, but I guess 2,000 people smoking in one area might create a cloud like the one that usually hovers over Beijing, and that certainly would draw attention to any issue.

3 comments:

Pirates(and)Diplomats said...

The guy in the picture, that's the only way I can get going in the morning.

Anonymous said...

how did they get me on camera???

Anonymous said...

they missed one