Feb 22, 2007

1/3 of Russian conscripts are crazy


Makes sense because 1/3 of the Russian population is crazy. From RFE/RL:

ONE-THIRD OF CONSCRIPTS SAID TO BE MENTALLY UNBALANCED. Russian Air Force Commander in Chief Colonel General Vladimir Mikhailov said recently that of the 11,000 young men drafted into the Air Force in 2006, over 30 percent are "mentally unstable," the daily "Gazeta" reported on February 20. He added that 10 percent of the conscripts have drug or alcohol problems, and that 15 percent of the total were in poor health or underweight. He noted that 25 percent of the conscripts never knew their fathers, 3 percent never knew their mothers, and an additional 3 percent grew up without either parent. The daily quoted Colonel General Eduard Vorobyov as saying recently that he has long argued "that we should abandon conscription. By drafting the dregs of society, we are only creating an illusion that all is well" in the military.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Viagra Online Pharmacy said...

Wonderful post! This is very useful to many readers like me. Being a student of the Russian conscripts, I am requiring myself to read articles more often and your writing just caught my interest. Thank you so much!

www.sillones.nom.es said...

This cannot work in fact, that is what I consider.

Anonymous said...

purchase xanax do you overdose xanax - alprazolam sandoz 0.5mg